Day by day itinerary
Karlovac – Culture
Welcome to Karlovac, the city of parks and four rivers!
We will begin our three-day tour by exploring the city center. KARLOVAC is an example of an ideal Renaissance town, built in the 16th century as a fort in the shape of a six-pointed star. After exploring the old town of Karlovac, we will continue our tour at the DUBOVAC CASTLE, the 13th-century castle on a hill above Karlovac. After a short break for lunch (optional) at the restaurant situated in the castle’s patio, we will head to AQUATIKA, the first and only freshwater aquarium in Croatia. Our final stop for the day is the newly opened MUSEUM OF THE HOMELAND WAR in the neighborhood of Turanj.
Overnight in Karlovac.
Vivodina – Gastronomy
Day two is reserved for wine and cheese tasting.
We will visit VIVODINA, a beautiful hilly landscape full of vineyards and breathtaking views. While driving among the vineyards, you will also have a chance to visit some of the castles of the Karlovac county – OLD TOWN OZALJ, RIBNIK, and NOVIGRAD NA DOBRI.
We will also make a stop at three different wineries to taste the best local wine. Later, we will take another break to taste cheese at the local cheese factory.
Return to Karlovac and overnight.
Plitvice Lakes – Nature
We will visit the most beautiful place in the country – PLITVICE LAKES NATIONAL PARK.
The Plitvice Lakes National Park is a place of unique natural beauty. There are 16 larger lakes and several smaller lakes, all interconnected as if they were a ladder – they are cascading one into the other over a number of beautiful waterfalls. The Park covers an area of around 300 km2 and it is inscribed on the UNESCO list of World Heritage.
After making a stop at the National Park, lunch break at LIČKA KUĆA (optional), a local restaurant famous for its trout dishes.
Return to Karlovac and end of the tour.
The price of this package INCLUDES:
- Private city tour in Karlovac, with 2h duration, on foot, with a licensed local guide in English/Portuguese/Russian/Croatian;
- Entrance tickets for Aquatika aquarium;
- Entrance tickets for Museum Of The Homeland War;
- Wine tasting at 3 wineries;
- Cheese tasting at cheese factory;
- Entrance tickets for Plitvice Lakes National Park;
- Transportation in car/minivan with driver in English;
- Escort guide during the service.
The price of this package DOES NOT include:
- Lunches, dinners, not mentioned meals;
- Accommodation of any kind;
- Airline/bus/train tickets;
- Tips of any kind;
- Not mentioned services;
- Travel insurance or any other insurance not mentioned.
The price of this package in euros is: 350,00 euros per person
*price considering 2 or more people for the service